Wednesday, February 24, 2010

'Just Remember, He's Tough'

Yesterday my office all went to eat for lunch. We got back in Glenn's car to drive back to the office and I noticed 2 missed calls from Caden's teacher and my friend Alisha. I thought, 'Hmm...that's odd...she didn't text me but called twice.' So I called her back and said, 'Hey! What's up?' She said, 'You didn't get my voicemail did you?' My heart sank! Caden got his finger stuck in the door (hinge side) and they had a time pulling his finger out once it was stuck! They took him to the nurse and got some ice and she assured me that he was okay but it was really swollen. So I called the Dr. and made an appointment then called Tim and he calmed me down because I WAS FREAKING OUT! As a Mom until you SEE with your own eyes that your baby is okay, HE'S NOT OKAY! I talked to my sister as I sobbed my eyes out on the way to his school and she said something that I had not thought of yet. 'Amber, just remember, he's tough!' No truer words have been spoken! This child can run smack into a table and shake it off! I took him to see Dr. Berry and she had him wriggle it all over and around and then she sent us for x-rays to Children's Medical Center. Caden was so brave and such a trooper. He sat very still while wearing his 'butterfly decorated x-ray vest'! He even got a sticker for being so good. Dr. Berry called to say it was not broken or fractured which was great news so after rounds of Motrin and ice to take the swelling down he seemed much better.

Here it is after we got to the Dr's office.


He was wiped out after the Dr's office trip and a trip to the hospital.
We got home and our tough guy got to eat whatever he wanted for dinner which consisted of string cheese, nutri-grain bars and a pop-tart with chocolate milk!

2 comments:

GiGi said...

A mother's heart alwsys sinks when the school calls and says in a question-type sound, "Mrs. Ivey???" That's when it even stops beating! I'm so glad that he's better. When he gets to Poppa and GiGi's house next week, he can have anything he wants there too!

kiki said...

So glad he is doing better. I know you were scared to death. They are a lot tougher than you think.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed