Monday, December 13, 2010

Annual Baking with Mom

It is that time of year again!  The time of year when Mom comes to visit and we do our annual baking!!!!

We started off with some Wassail...not just any Wassail though.  Mom brought Memaw's recipe!!!  I was so excited I could hardly stand it!  We made it and it took us both back to Christmases with Memaw. 

We made Mom's famous Texas Trash with a few changes.  This year we omitted the pretzels and added some sesame stick mix.  It was of course delicious as usual!
My friend Deborah from Mom and Dad's church gave me Paula Dean's Cake Ball recipe this year to try!  Here is our Step one!  We baked a red velvet cake and a devil's food cake and let them cool.  After cooling we mixed each in a separate bowl with a container of frosting.  We then put them in separate zip lock bags and put in the refrigerator and formed into balls and froze!

Here are the finished devil's food cake balls with milk chocolate that we dipped them in and then white chocolate that we drizzled over the top!
Here are my favorite ones!  The red velvet dipped in white chocolate and drizzled with milk chocolate.
My famous crockpot candy that tastes exactly the same as always but for me are a bit more difficult to eat since I have BRACES THIS YEAR!
GiGi took time out to make sugar cookies with Caden.  She let him decorate them with sprinkles and M&M's.  He had so much fun as you can tell by the look on his face! 
The finished product!  Aren't they cute???
Thanks once again for coming to stay with us Mom.  We had so much fun laughing and shopping and making funny noises with my throat (hahahaha!) and I'm sorry I didn't tell you that you had chocolate on your face!

3 comments:

The Stuart Family said...

Wow! You guys did more baking over the weekend then I do in a year!! Looks like fun.

Jamie said...

That all looks absolutely delicious! I hope you guys found some time to relax too. What a great tradition!

Mom/GiGi said...

I did have a blast! We didn't even know when we were supposed to be hungry at suppertime! We just worked right on through! Ha! And about the chocolate on my face...I didn't tell you that you had a piece in your braces and it looked like you had a tooth missing...but I didn't want to embarrass you! :)That's why the cashier kept looking at your mouth...Ha. Just kidding! I look forward to doing it again every year, I guess until I get so senile that ya'll end up taking away my car and then you'll have to come down here to do our baking. :|

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed