Thursday, January 20, 2011

Hide and Go Seek?

Caden asked me to play Hide and Go Seek with him just now so I did.  I counted to 10 and then said 'Ready or Not, Here I Come!'  I get up off the couch only to find him crouched down on the floor in front of the fire place.  I told him he was suppose to hide somewhere.  I suggested a closet or bedroom, etc.  I started counting again and I hear him slam the door to his bedroom.  Again with the Ready or Not, Here I Come and I get up and he opens his bedroom door and says, "Here I AM MOMMY!"

Then he tells me it is my turn to go hide.  He counts to 10 and I run into my bedroom and hide in my closet.  He then says "HERE I COME!"  Then he says, "Mommy?  Where are you?"  I say nothing hoping he will open the closet door, but nothing...

So I waited about a  minute and started feeling sorry for him and came out thinking that he would be in my room waiting patiently for me to come out.  WRONG!  I walked all through the house only to find him sitting in the media room watching cartoons!

I said, "CADEN!  I thought we were playing hide and go seek?"  He said, "No Mommy, I don't like that game, I don't want you to scare me."

Wow...mission failure....

3 comments:

GiGi said...

HAHA!!! That's exactly what you would do, Amber!! I would hide and you was get so quiet. I would wait....wait...etc. and finally I'd give up, open the door and you'd be in your room or somewhere else in the house. You'd want me to "tell" you where I was hiding, just so I wouldn't scare you! That is soo funny!

Keeley said...

he he he Awesome! Sounds like he found a new game to keep Mommy busy. ;)

Jamie said...

I am so behind on your blog! This is hysterical, though. I can just picture the whole scene and know that it was no big deal to him. Love it!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed