Sunday, July 19, 2009

The Time Has Come

Well the time finally came. We converted Caden's bed to a toddler bed...sniff...sniff...

Here are my guys getting the job done. Caden did whatever Tim would do.Look at him trying to put the screw right in the hole for Daddy.
'What Mommy? We're busy doing guy things over here.'
I love this picture!
'Daddy, I think we need to tighten this bottom one just a bit more.'
It was all finished and we held our breath as he tried it out.

He had to take a look inside first.
Then it was time to crawl in!He had to find just the right way to get in.
Then he had to turn on the aquarium.
'Hmm...I kinda like this...no more wall in the front...It could work!'
It only took us about an hour total for him to figure the whole thing out once we laid him down. He got up and ran to the door the first time crying. I don't think he knew what to do with his new found freedom! Then we would talk him back into bed and he would lay down and look around. Not too bad for his first time as a real 'big boy'!

4 comments:

GiGi said...

Awww...he's growing up...Time is passing way too fast to suit me...Kiss him for GiGi and tell him I love him and will be glad when I get to see him again. XOXO

Keeley said...

Big boy Caden! I hope your transition goes well. Tyler slept on the floor by the door to his room off and on for at least a week before he figured out the bed was much more comfortable. :)

Jamie said...

Congratulations to all three of you!! Next thing we know he'll be graduating from college. Where does the time go??

Stephanie said...

That's wonderful....we won't tackle that until we get in our new home....I think being in this temporary home and trying to do that would be too much for little man.He didn't wake up and come to your room? I know Luke would:)

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed