Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter Day

Well our Easter was not AS fun as it should have been.  I have a major sinus infection that kept us from even going to church.  Not fun at all, but we made the most of it!  Saturday night as I was tucking Caden in, I told him that the Easter bunny was going to leave some presents for him in his room.  This completely freaked him out!  He said, 'I don't want him coming in my room, tell him to leave my 'stuff' in the media room!'  I conveyed the message to the bunny so here we go!

Here he is waiting at the entry to the media room!  Doesn't he look excited?

He was most excited about his hollow chocolate bunny!  Seriously, he thought that was the best gift of all!  He busted this package open and was eating it like he had not eaten in days!  Tim told him not to eat the entire bunny or he might get sick!  He had not even had breakfast yet!  He ate about 1/3 of it and I told him to wait right there while I ran to get a wet paper towel to clean off his hands.  I had put the bunny back in the box and when I came back into the media room he was sneaking huge bites looking toward the kitchen!  Little stinker!

Here he is showing me AGAIN, the bunny!
He also got some Reese's Pieces.  We asked him 'What is it?'  He said, 'CARROTS!'  The pieces are shaped into a cone shaped carrot package!
 He got a basket full of pirate stuff!  Here his is in his pirate hat!

Complete with the patch and hook!  He ran around saying he was Captain Hook!
After I called my OB/GYN and had her call in a Z-pak, I ran to CVS to pick it up.  Before lunch we decided to hide eggs out front and let him 'hunt' for them!  Here he is about to run outside!
Tim and I had fun hiding them and then watching him find them all.  We cannot believe how grown up he looks and is!
We hid them everywhere, even behind the bushes!
And under the bushes!
And on top of the bushes!
Showing off his orange egg!
Almost found them all!
One was under a rock!
They were everywhere!
Mission Accomplished!  He found them all!
Grammie kept Caden Friday night and took him to see the movie 'HOP'!  He had a great time and keeps walking around singing the song from the movie!  Thanks Grammie for a fun day out!

Saturday night before we ate dinner (we always have Caden pray), he said, 'Thank you for our blessings and our food and thank you Jesus for dying on the cross for us.'  Tim and I are so proud of our 3 YEAR OLD for at such a young age understanding the true meaning of Easter!

2 comments:

GiGi said...

Sorry you were so sick. Glad you had good weather to hide and hunt eggs, unlike what you've been having. Caden was one excited little pirate and a pretty good egg hunter! Priceless memories!

Jamie said...

How fun! I don't think I would like the Easter Bunny coming in my room either but then again, if he has one of those hollow chocolate bunnies I just might welcome him with open arms! Happy Easter!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed