Thursday, March 7, 2013

Breaking Point!

I wanted to take the boys to Conroe for one final visit before we move in April.  So I decided I'd take them on Friday the 8th or Thursday night the 7th.

At work Angie texted me to say that Cameron woke up with a fever from his nap.

So I left work and picked him up and headed to the Dr.  This was by the way the same day that Caden had his Open House/Scavenger Hunt at 6:30pm!

Here is my sick little guy on the way to the Dr.  You can see it in his eyes he was not well.  The diagnosis was strep so off to CVS we headed. 

 Here he is at the Dr.  He was just miserable.
 I called Jamie and as a best friend would, she said she would come over to watch Cameron while I took Caden to the Open House.  I was a wreck, super sad at leaving Nashville behind, don't get me wrong, I was happy to come home to my boys, but missing Tim really bad.  Facing the reality of heading to Conroe for the last time for a while, Cameron had strep...I was falling apart!

Jamie arrived and Caden and I headed to his school.  I told him we might leave that night (Thursday) because I thought Cameorn might sleep on the drive down.  Well after Jamie left, I walked in and found Caden completely out.  She literally had not been gone 5 minutes.  Then I started praying that he didn't have Strep too!


After getting Cameron up to feed him, I decided I better wait until the next day to go to Conroe.  I mean, he was going to be sick there or sick here and at least leaving the next day would be 24 hrs on his meds which made him not contagious!

He was so miserable...Mom suggested I put a cool rag on top of his head.
 Look how red his cheeks were!  I felt sooooo sorry for him.

We headed out the next morning, but not before Cameron's finger got shut in the bathroom door!  Poor Caden thought he was doing the right thing by closing it to keep him out of there, but alas, another accident.  Poor Cam was screaming crying, Caden was bawling just as hard and as my car was loaded and running ready to head to Conroe, I broke down as well.  Holding my boys, missing Tim...emotions were nuts!

He had a banana after calming down and we were off!
 Banana all over his face, but I didn't care, he was asleep!

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Not a fun day at the Ivey house. This too shall pass, though. You are an amazing mother, friend, and everything else. Everyone is entitled to a breakdown once in a while. Love you to pieces and so glad you called!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed