Saturday, March 9, 2013

Visit and a Birthday Celebration!

We made it to Conroe and I just felt a rush of relief.  There is just something about being at Mom and Dad's that relaxes me!

When Tim saw this picture of Lane and myself having popsicles he even said, 'you look relaxed'.  The pressure of the week I had was over, I was home.

I cannot tell you how many times I've sat at my parents' bar and had food that Mom baked or cooked and just chatted.  All the stress just melts away.  I even taught Lane his colors as a baby with Fruit Loops on that counter!

He is so grown up now!  :(
GiGi of course made brownies and the little ones had to have brownie batter on spoons as a treat!

Bella and her chocolate mustache!

 Silly Caden and his!
 Lunch at GiGi's bar!
We headed to a Mexican restaurant to celebrate GiGi's birthday.  Here are the kids all gathered around her phone playing tic tac toe!
Cameron taking a call during dinner on Auntie Kay's phone!
 Someone at the table arranged for this little stunt for GiGi!

 The aftermath!
Then off to the Reaves' house for presents and cake!

 GiGi and her little honeys!
 Candles time!
 GiGi and Poppa with the grankids!
We had a wonderful time down in Conroe!  It was so nice to just reset from all the stress!

2 comments:

Jamie said...

There is no place like "home"!! I'm so glad you went and got to forget about everything for a while.

It looks like you all had lots of fun!

Teresa said...

I laughed out loud at the video of your mom!!! I wish I could have been the little mouse in the corner and watched! So glad you got to unwind at your Mom and Dads. They are some really special folks and their daughters aren't to shabby either! Love you all- mmmmwha

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed