Monday, December 7, 2009

GiGi's Visit

TO CLARIFY FOR MY FRIEND MELANIE: CADEN DIPPED HIS FINGERS IN THE SUGAR AFTER THE COOKIES WERE BAKED! THIS WAS LEFT OVER SUGAR SPRINKLES! HA!

Every year around Christmas Mom comes up to visit and we spend the weekend baking. This past weekend we had a blast! We baked until we could bake no more! Here is a sampling of what all we created!

Mom always makes Texas Trash, which I LOVE!Tim put in a request for Sand Tarts so Mom made those as well.We also made sugar cookies. Caden had a blast licking his finger and putting it in the colored sugar!Here he is dipping his little finger in the green sugar!He loved it and kept saying, 'More! More!'.Here he is sampling a green sugar cookie with GiGi.Here is my famous Crockpot Candy.
Here are my Buckeyes that I make each year as well.These are the Peanut Butter Krispies.Tim requested some Banana Pudding, so Mom made some for him and he loved it. It is almost gone already! After running around baking and shopping a little, Caden was ready for GiGi to read to him. He chose 'Charlie Brown's Christmas'.He loved it when GiGi was reading about Charlie Brown's tree. GiGi acted like she was crying and Caden kept looking at her.I caught him sneezing and thought this was cute!Here is GiGi and Caden on Saturday night. GiGi had to tell Caden bye when I put him to bed since she knew she would have to leave so early Sunday morning. Here she is explaining that she was going bye bye!
Thanks for coming up GiGi! We miss you already! We had a great time and cannot wait until next year!

6 comments:

Kari said...

Wow that all looks delicious!! It looks like you all had a great time and Caden had a great time with GiGi as well. Glad you all got to spend some time together cooking. Mom is the EXPERT ya know!

GiGi said...

I had so much fun! I really loved getting all of those sweet hugs and kisses from my little honey! It was so sad to have to tell him bye Sat. night. :(

GiGi said...

Oh, and btw, Kari. You're house it next! Pick a day and we'll do our baking. ;)

Melanie said...

It all looks yummy! But I made a mental note not to eat sugar cookies from your house!!

The Stuart Family said...

Okay Gigi when's my turn!? Yum! Those sand tarts look DELICIOUS! I can just hear Gigi reading that book!

Jamie said...

I'll take one of each please! Y.U.M.M.Y.!!!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed