Friday, May 28, 2010

Tonsils Be Gone!

We always thought Caden was just a loudly snoring child! He was that, however, the enlarged tonsils were causing it! My good friend Heather referred us to her son Luke's ENT and we love him. He said that because Caden had sleep apnea, that was the reason for them wanting to remove them. He was not the typical candidate because he had not had strep 3 or more times in a 6 month period, it was simply the apnea that led them to remove the tonsils. Last Friday he had them removed and he is a different child because of it!

Here he is with his Buzz Lightyear toy and his Mickey Mouse socks and hospital gown waiting on the Dr.Mommy and Caden
'Hmm...I wonder how today will go...'
Caden telling Daddy a story!
I'll spare you all the sad little pictures from after surgery. He had quite the time coming out of anesthesia! It was very scary watching him flip around and become very agitated. We made it through, but it was scary nonetheless!

Here he is after he got home watching one of his movies.
Thanks to all of you for the calls and emails and texts checking on him. I think it was much more rough on us all seeing him go through the sleepless nights after surgery and the the fever and not wanting to eat. He is on the mend now and speaks so much more clear! He is talking non-stop which we think is too funny! Thank you to Mom for being there so I could look at you for assurance that whatever was going on was normal!

Thanks to GiGi and Poppa for coming up and bringing all the coloring books, movies and 'surprises' throughout the weekend and to Mary and Don for the colors and coloring book. He loves it all.

As a side note, Sunday night Tim, Mom and I watched Avatar and Caden came running to me and said, 'Mommy, I go tee tee on the potty.' He is in love with the idea of potty training but has not quite grasped it so I was skeptical when I got up to follow him to the potty. To my amazement, he hopped right up there and tee teed! I was over the moon and he flushed the toilet and then ran into the media room and told everyone and gave us all high fives! Of course he has not done that since, but it was an accomplishment anyway!

3 comments:

GiGi said...

Wild horses couldn't have kept us away from our little honey. It was a rough few days for him afterwards, but such a welcome sight when he started feeling like playing and drinking again. He's a little trooper!

Jamie said...

What a wild ride! I am so happy all is well now.

Congrats, Caden, on the potty training! Keep up the good work and Aunt Jamie will buy you some Buzz Lightyear underwear!!

Kari said...

Poor baby Caden. It made me so sad to know he was so miserable.
Glad he went potty though!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed