Tuesday, June 14, 2011

More Caden Sayings (So Mommy Doesn't Forget Them!)

Caden:  Mommy, there are 3 boys in our house now, (pointing to Tim) One!, (pointing to himself) Two!, (pointing to my belly) Three!.  We got 3 boys and 1 girl!  You are the Princess!

Me:  I'll take that! :)

**********
When I met Mom and Mary to pick Caden up last month this happened:  We always stop at this tiny Exxon station which is the half-way point between Plano and Huntsville where Mom and Dad's church is.  We meet and I get Caden out of the car and I tell him that we need to go potty before we head home.  We go inside the Exxon and go potty and as we are walking toward the door, Caden wants something to drink and a candy bar.  I get both and we are in line to pay and I notice he keeps turning around staring at something.  So I look and there is this older gentleman standing by the door chatting with the store owner. 
Caden:  You look like a Cowboy!
Man:  Well thank you son!  I've been one my whole life!
Caden:  I like your hat!
Man:  Thank you!
Then I smile and pay for the food and turn around to see the 'Cowboy' knelt down giving Caden a quarter!  Caden was thrilled!
Caden:  Thank you for the money!
Man:  You are very welcome!
He held onto that quarter the entire way home and put it in his piggy bank!

*********
He is very much into telling Tim and me how he will teach his baby brother, this or that...I bought him a book about being a Big Brother, so he is always reminding me that his baby brother cannot eat 'Caden' food, but only milk.  He is super excited to meet him.

***********
He tells me all the time, first we have Daddy's birthday party, then we have Mommy's birthday party, then we have my birthday party, then we have Halloween, then my baby brother will be here!


2 comments:

Jamie said...

I love these! Maybe next time you can tell Caden that you are the Queen, not the Princess. :)

GiGi said...

You and Caden have the most memorable conversations! I wished I'd been in the store to see the cowboy & Caden. I saw the little old man when I was in there. He really did look like an old cowboy. I know it made his day and Caden's too!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed