Friday, September 9, 2011

32 Week Appointment

Today I went for my 32 week appointment.  I cannot believe how fast this pregnancy has flown by!  It is way faster than it was with Caden.

I saw Dr. Reyes who is another OB in my Dr's office.  My Dr. always wants her patients to see Dr. Reyes just in case Dr. Reyes happens to be on call and has to deliver the baby.  

I like Dr. Reyes, she is really sweet and kind.  I got in there and was telling her that I was having a lot of Braxton Hicks contractions that are quite painful.  I told her that I have one every time I stand up and every time I turn over in bed.  This with some other symptoms had her concerned so she did an exam.  I am at a '1' which is no big deal for where I am right now in the pregnancy.  When she finished the exam, she reached for my hand for me to get up and when I sat up I had the most painful BH I have ever had.  I literally burst into tears while squeezing her hand.  She felt of my tummy and said, 'Wow, your stomach is very tight.'  Let's get you in for a sonogram to make sure your cervix is okay and this baby isn't coming.

She said if the sono came back and my cervix was thinning, then I'd have to be on bed rest, take steroids and meds to stop contractions.  SHEESH I was nervous.  I went for my sono and everything looked great, I was just fine.

I saw Dr. Stevenson (my Dr) in the hall and she agreed with Dr. Reyes that they want to see me back in 1 week rather than 2 to make sure I'm still okay.

According to Dr. Reyes I am not to lift anything heavier than bread.  Wow, guess I need to lighten my purse, quit taking my bag to work, etc!

 Anyway, here is a precious picture of our baby!


1 comment:

GiGi said...

Little Cameron, it won't be long and GiGi & Poppa can hold you and give you all the love & kisses we could possibly give! Can't wait!!!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed