Thursday, September 1, 2011

Funny Little Caden Stories

It's that time again, time for the hilarity which is our child Caden!
*********
On the way to work the other day he asked me where Poppa was (my dad).  We had just hung up with GiGi (my Mom). 

Me:  He's at work.
Caden:  At that place where he dunks people?
M:  It is a church and he baptizes people, yes.
C:  That's not work.
M:  Yes it is baby.  It's a church and Poppa is the preacher.
C:  I want to be a preacher so I can dunk people.
M:  Okay.
C:  Why does he dunk them?
M:  Well they have asked Jesus into their heart and by being 'dunked' they are showing obedience to God and Jesus.
C:  Hmmm...
He then asked about going to Heaven, etc. and I tried to (4 Year Old It) so as not to scare him, etc.  Apparently my answers didn't satisfy him.
(C looking out of the window)...I don't know about that Mommy, I'm going to talk to Poppa.
M:  Please do!

This same morning, a lady cut me off right in front of Caden's school and almost hit my car!  I gasped and Caden loudly proclaimed:
Mommy, that was not nice!  She does NOT have Jesus in her heart!
I had to agree... :)
*********
One night Caden clearly didn't want to go to bed.  He would get up and say that he wanted to stay up, etc.  On the 3rd time I walked in and he was crying saying he wasn't tired.  
Me:  Caden Go To Bed! 
(I then turned off his new digital photo frame Tim's Mom gave him.  I normally turn it off after he's asleep and Tim and I are headed to bed.)

He starts crying or making the crying sound.
C:  Please don't turn off my pictures!
M:  I'm turning them off because you are supposed to already be asleep.  Go to bed!
C:  But I have tears falling down my cheeks!
M:  WHAT?!  You are crying because I'm turning this frame off?  Seriously?!
C:  Yes, I'm not joking Mom!  (MOM? What happened to Mommy?) I'm so so so so serious!  I have tears falling down my cheeks.
Unbelievable.
*********
After Tim and I got new phones, I showed Caden on You Tube how to look at Cars 2 videos etc.  Well we stumbled upon these series of videos that this guy makes in his home of new Cars Movie cars.  You never see the guy, but he always has the bran-new package of whatever track or car and shows it to the camera and says, 'Hey guys, this is the Cars 2 track, let's open it.'  Then he proceeds to open it; I seriously think he wears some sort of camera on his head like a miner wears a light on his forehead!  He opens the track or car, sets it up etc.  Anyway, I think it's creepy for a grown man to make videos of kids toys to display.  There is never anyone else in the videos.  So I told Caden one night after he asked to watch the guy "No...you are not watching him, he's creepy."  I turn to Tim and say, 'It's like he's some sort of pedophile!'  Caden yells, "Mommy, I want to watch the pedophile!  I like pedophiles."  I get the 'look' from Tim and Tim says, 'Oh that's great!'  I can just see him heading to school telling his teacher, 'I love pedophiles!'  Mission failure!
**********
That's all I have for now, tune in next time, I'm sure there will be more! :|




3 comments:

GiGi said...

Ha ha!! I'm dying! Oh...there's going to be some fun years coming! He is so witty!! Wonder what kind of personality Cameron is going to be? Caden + Cameron = fun memorable times!!!

Aimee said...

I have tears rolling down my cheeks from laughing reading these outloud to Joey! He is one funny, funny boy!

Jamie said...

I love these posts! These and the "Not My Child" are my absolute favorites!

Don't you wonder how they come up with some of this stuff?!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed