Thursday, September 29, 2011

Quick Trip for GiGi and Poppa

This Sunday is my Dad's 60th Birthday.  My sister and Mom WITH NO HELP FROM ME, I MIGHT ADD, planned this party in Conroe for him for Friday, September 30th and Caden and I were planning to attend.  Well, after all these painful Braxton Hicks episodes, my 59 year old father informed me that I was not going to drive down for the party.  Too risky and I'm too close to the end.  Instead of Caden being heartbroken, Mom and Dad drove all the way here Thursday night to pick Caden up and leave Friday morning to take him down for the weekend festivities!  So far he has played with Bella and Lane, swam at their pool, partied with Poppa and Saturday's agenda is Lane's baseball game and a church function that night!  He he is having a blast!
We could not NOT do something for Dad's birthday at our house, so we ordered Chinese food and had cake, ice cream and presents.  Here are some photos from Thursday night.

Caden and Poppa

Dad turned 60, but I couldn't bear to put '60' on his cake, so I swapped the numbers and put '06'.  Mom and Tim were thinking, 'Oh My Gosh, the Pregnant Lady has lost it and accidentally switched the numbers!'  But as Mom and I joke, 'I MEANT TO DO THAT!'
 Caden helped with the candles and this look says, 'TIME FOR CAKE!'
Mom and Dad
Since Poppa will be in Colorado over Halloween, Caden had to show him his Alvin costume.  He decided to sport the costume throughout the present opening!
'Helping' Poppa open his card.
'Helping' with the gifts!
We got him some shirts, ties and dress socks and Caden got him some UT jellybeans!

Mom and Dad
 Alvin, Mom and Dad
 Silly Alvin, Mom and Dad
Dad, me, Wild Eyes Caden and Mom
Love these 2 people more than the world!
Then of course what Grandma comes over without bringing surprises for Caden?  We never have to worry about that with Grammie and GiGi!  They always have something for Cade Man!
Here he is after he opened his Halloween sucker.  I think he was thrilled, but I'll let you be the judge!
 GiGi and Poppa even brought a Christmas onesie for Cameron!
Poppa brought Caden this shirt too!  I'm so glad because during Homecoming week at Caden's school one of the themes is spy/soldier week and he had NO camo to wear!
Mommy got some nice comfy pj's for after the baby arrives!
Thank you both for coming up to get Caden.  I know he would have been disappointed to miss Poppa's party!

2 comments:

GiGi said...

We couldn't celebrate his birthday without him! We had such a fun time Thurs night and a good trip back home. We will be having a fun fun weekend, that's going to pass by way too fast...

Jamie said...

'Alvin' cracks me up!! He is full of personality!

What a great intimate birthday celebration of the big '06'! It looks like everyone got a little something. :)

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed