Monday, May 14, 2012

Cameron's 6 Month Visit

Mom and I took Cameron to his 6 month check up.  He is doing fantastic on all developmental marks and here are his weight/height stats:

Weight:  18.3 lbs  62%
Height:   28"         91%

He still had fluid behind his right ear but his left ear was clear.  Dr. Berry decided not to put him on anything since he was already scheduled to see the ENT for a follow up.  (the ENT had put him on antibiotics for 3 weeks previously to clear up the fluid.  Obviously it didn't work!)

We took him to the ENT this past Thursday and Surprise! He had fluid behind BOTH ears!  He is now scheduled for Tubes on Friday, May 18th!  I cannot wait for the baby to be pain-free and fluid-free!  He is such a happy baby with no other ear infection symptoms except runny noses!  He never cries, barely even tugs on his ears, has no trouble eating or anything!

I've included a picture of what an infant's Eustachian tubes look like compared to an adult's.

2 comments:

GiGi said...

My sweet little darling will soon be out of pain. I'll be so glad when it's over with. I know it can't come too soon for you either!

Jamie said...

Another tall boy! I'm glad he is healthy and on the road to recovery with all the ear issues.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed