Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Our Christmas Trees...Our Christmas Trees

Yes, you read correctly...my mother in law has turned me into a Christmas TREES person. She decorates several in her house each year and now I've caught the bug! I have thoroughly enjoyed putting them up this year, mainly because of the lumbar rhizotomies I had on my back which meant I would not be in pain for three days after putting them up this year as I had been in years past!

TREE #1
First off our office tree. We put all the traditional ornaments on it. The ones that Tim and I had growing up, the ones we have bought together since being married, etc.

TREE #2

Our living room/family room tree. This tree is new this year. Tim got the tree and all the ornaments last year the day after Christmas. It actually has a 'theme'...we went with the gold, red, burgundy and tan ornaments. I think this one is my favorite this year.

See if you can spot the photographer in the photo below! You don't win a prize if you do though.Here is our famous Santa Claus we have next to the tree. He sings, he dances, he entertains the guests, he gets pushed around by Caden....Here is our mantle. We always go for a silver theme because I am not much on 'gold' tones.TREE #3

The media room tree matches the room perfectly. The blues and silvers are the theme for this tree.

TREE #4

Caden has his own tree in his room. The theme for this one is gumdrops, gingerbread men and candy. What more could a kid want?

There you have it. The 4 Trees at the Ivey home.

Tim and I decorated the outside on Sunday and I'll take photos of it when it is dark and post them as well.

I mainly did this post so that next year I will remember how everything is set up!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Everything looks so so pretty! You all have really done a good job! I know all three of you will really enjoy this Christmas - Caden is so cute, sweet and "imaginative". Every year grows sweeter and sweeter. I love all three of you so very much.

Jamie said...

Good grief! Where do you find the time?? Can I hire you to come to my house? Sadly, I still have pumpkins up at my house. The trees are all BEAUTIFUL, though! You have inspired me to get with it!

Keeley said...

Wow! Your place looks great. I'm jealous of your multiple trees. :) So fun that Caden has his own too.

Anonymous said...

Amber, it looks gorgeous...How is Caden doing around all that fun stuff?

Nancy said...

Amber, you are just not right! How do you find the energy! :) I love it. I just looks beautiful, of course!

Anonymous said...

Your home is a winter wonderland showcase, both inside and out! And, ya'll, her home smells delicious with all the Christmas scented candles!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed