Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Right Side Rhizotomy

Fun times! If you will remember, the last time I had the rhizotomies, the right side was the worst. Well this 'right' one was super bad as well! They took me back later than my 2:00 appointment so it was a long afternoon to begin with. My fabulous Anesthesiologist gave me my dose of Valium and Fentanyl before taking me back which felt good! Then they did the procedure, thankfully I do not remember waking up during it, although I did because I noticed in recovery that my pillow was stained with mascara (you are on your stomach during the procedure) so clearly I had pain during it, but thankfully I don't remember it! In recovery I woke up screaming in pain. I woke up gripping both rails of the bed and just crying! The nurses gave me 5 rounds of Morphine, 1 shot of Phenergan and then 50 mg of Demerol. I have never hurt so bad in all my life! But the good news is that the pain is normal because the more pain I have, the better the procedure went because they were able to capture the correct nerve! Whoo hoo! Mom stayed Thursday through Saturday and entertained Caden. They had a great time while I rested. Hopefully this will be the last procedure for a long while!

4 comments:

kiki said...

Thank God for Gigi. I'm so sorry you have to go through this, but hopefully it's over for a long long time. I love the stick horse.

Kari said...

I know I hate it that you had to be in so much pain. Glad it is over and hopefully it is OVER for good.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad it's over too. Gosh, it's so terribly hard to see your baby laying there hurting and there's absolutely nothing you can do but hold her. I was so glad when the meds started finally taking effect. Our prayers were definitely answered.

Jamie said...

I just hate this! I'm sure it will all be worth it but why can't it just be easy? I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this one was the one that was causing all the problems and now that the nerve is dead you are good to go!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed