Saturday, March 7, 2009

Well, It Started Out as a Nice Lunch

My best friend Jamie and myself headed to Pei Wei to have lunch yesterday. We love this place and have gone there often on our lunch adventures! We had a fabulous lunch and caught up on each other. Jamie looks amazing pregnant with her precious baby girl I can't wait to meet! Anyway, I am such a people watcher and if you are a Pei Wei regular you know that you stand in line to order, then they give you the little number for your table and you go and sit down and wait for the waiter to bring your food. As we were eating, a man and woman entered through the correct door at Pei Wei and looked around as if they had never eaten there before and finally came over and sat next to us at a table. The man had a t-shirt on and was wearing a long sleeved shirt that was unbuttoned. They both sat down and he stood back up and took the shirt off and draped it over the back of his chair (this is when I believe the crime was committed). He then stood up, along with the woman, and put his shirt back on and they walked out of Pei Wei very quickly. I thought it was odd, but never said anything. I thought perhaps they were mad no one came to take their order or something. Well around 6:00 pm yesterday, my best bud calls me and tells me her wallet was stolen at Pei Wei out of her purse as it was draped across the back of her chair. I know this criminal will never see this blog, but I THINK YOU ARE A JERK! This is a family blog or I would say something worse! What a hassle for Jamie to have to call all the credit card people, get a new license, etc! Anyway, lesson learned for me, never to drape my purse across the back of my chair! I'm so sorry this happened to you Jamie!

2 comments:

Jamie said...

I think he's a jerk too!! No matter what happened, though, I had a great time with you and that's all that matters. Once I figure out how to access my money I am going to buy a new wallet and a new purse that closes!! I also definitely learned my lesson and will NEVER put my purse on the back of my chair again. This is just another chapter in "The Adventures of Amber and Jamie"...thanks for sharing it with me! :)

I am Heather...creator of all things crafty! said...

Wow, the balls of some people. I won't be putting my purse on the back of my chair anymore. That just stinx. Hey did you get my email awhile back that your sweet little man is on my new sales flier? Are you on FB? You can see it on there.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed