Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Caden's 1st Day of 'School'

Today was Caden's first day of Mother's Day Out for the Fall. He has been in Mother's Day Out since June, but was off for the 'Summer' for the past two weeks.

He was pumped about heading back. We started out the door and he wanted his backpack 'ON!'.

What a sweet little smile!

'Sweet time is over Mommy...I'm ready to hit the road.' 'I'm totally going to dig going back to school. This is my tough guy look.'

I told him I wanted to take a picture and he sat down.
He is so grown up. I cannot believe the difference a few months makes! It makes me so sad!
When we pulled up, the older kids were already outside on the playground. Caden was headed to the left to 'join' them! I explained that we needed to go inside and see his teachers and then maybe later they would take his class outside.
'Now did you say after I go inside that maybe I can come outside? I need to be clear on this.'
He headed for the stairs and waved right after I took this picture. I told him, 'No bye bye, Mommy is coming in with you first.' Wow...are we already at that point???
As soon as we walked in, he handed his backpack to the teacher and hopped on the horse.
I think his first day will go just fine!

5 comments:

Daddy (T) said...

Caden looks like he's 4 in these pictures, what happened?...and all of this over the span of the summer - not liking this "growing up so fast" part of life.

Kari said...

Oh my goodnes I cannot believe these pics! They make him look so grown up and he's only 2. By the time he starts K he will be waking himself up, getting himself dressed, and riding to school on his Big Wheel!!! With those big brown eyes he will have the girls eating goldfish right out of his hands today!

GiGi said...

I don't like it either, Tim! He is just getting too big, too fast! He is such a handsome little guy, and is just going to get handsommer (is that a word?)and handsommer! The gals are going to be chasing him, bigtime!

The Stuart Family said...

Wow! He has gotten so big. He's not a baby anymore! Oh so cute!

Jamie said...

I must concur...he is definitely getting too big too fast!! I love the backpack! Caden, can you slow down on the growing thing, though?

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed