Friday, August 7, 2009

Work-Related Injury Part Deux

Back in March of 2008, our adorable little Cade Man did this<--click there. About 2 months ago, the pain came back like the day it happened to me! I headed to the Eye Dr. and she gave me some ointment to put in my eye every night for 2 months until I came back to see her. First of all (To all the Ladies Out There)-Ointment in the eye reeks havoc on putting makeup on your face the next day! You feel like you can never get all the stuff off your eyes! Your eyeliner just smears and then half way through the day you can look at yourself in the mirror and the residual ointment has some how caused the mascara and the eyeliner to get all over your eye lid! I DIGRESS...

Anyway, Friday I went back for my 2 month follow up appointment. I told her if I forget to put the ointment on at night, I wake up in pain. Her theory is that if it is pain-free as long as I am using the ointment then why make a change? I was not liking the idea of continuing the ointment even though-when used-it does help...UNTIL she mentioned Plan B....

Let me just get to the point - scraping the cells around the scratched cornea and then allowing my eye to heal. I thought for a half of a second and said, 'I'm good with the ointment...I totally agree with that treatment plan.'

2 comments:

kiki said...

Ouch! Looks like it really hurts. Hope it gets better soon. Poor little Cade Man would hate hurting Mommy!

Jamie said...

Are you kidding me? Let's make it worse in hopes that it gets better...sounds logical...not! I'd be good with the ointment too!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed