Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Cameron's First Dr's Appt.

As I mentioned in a previous post Cameron had jaundice issues so we had to take him in to see Dr. Berry so she could check him out.  Here is a picture of us in the exam room before seeing the Dr.  The jaundice was cleared up so we were done with that fiasco.  They had to cauterize his navel because it had not healed properly so they put on some silver nitrate which didn't hurt him at all.  I'm telling you, me and this kiddo had some issues!

At another follow up appointment, Dr. Berry took a q-tip and told me to spin it in his navel to clean it out rather than submerge him in a tub, just until it is all healed.  Well I nearly fainted-not really-when she was instructing me to do that with the Q-tip.  I was thinking, 'Yep, no way am I wired to do that, I'll pass out on the floor.'  So I just let it heal up on its own and then cleaned it when it was all healed up and pretty! LOL

2 comments:

GiGi said...

Thank you, Lord, for taking care of Amber. What a nightmare that I hope to forget one day! I cannot imagine what would've happened had you not gone to the hospital. I do have to say that I did have fun babysitting the boys while you were there! Kari was a trooper, wasn't she!

Jamie said...

Ok, I have to point something out not to poke fun but because I'm laughing so hard right now. Now that you are the mother of two you have already started mixing up their names. Look at the post title. :)

On another note, enough with the issues already! I'm glad all is well with him now too.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed