Sunday, March 4, 2012

GiGi's Birthday Celebration (and Kari's Surprise!)

My sister and I have been wanting to do something nice for our Mom's 60th birthday and we finally came up with a plan!  We decided to do a Girl's Night Out and rent a limo and take some of Mom's closest friends out to dinner at Perry's Steakhouse in The Woodlands.  

Mom knew nothing except she had to 'dress up' and head to Kari's house as soon as she got off work Thursday.  

Caden, Cameron and myself headed to Conroe on Thursday to stay through Friday and head back Friday night since Caden had Hockey Class on Saturday!

Kari and I had so much fun dressing up and getting Mom ready for her big night out!

My beautiful (doesn't look 60 at all) Mother and my gorgeous sister Kari.
Mom and Me
My sister, my best friend!
The Diva which is our Mother!
 Mom and her girls!
The group!  From left, starting with the back row, Me, Tamara, Teresa, Kari, Front row, Laura, Ruth, Mary, Mom and Connie.
Our Diva Picture!  Thank you to Junior our Limo driver for taking the cool shots!
Mom and Me in the limo!  I love her tiara and feather boa!  Thank you Ruth!
 Mom, Me and Kari
 We had Sparking Grape Juice toasts to Mom!
Here is Mom at Perry's with her Birthday dessert!
On Friday we celebrated at Kari and Scott's so that the grandkids could give her their presents.

I love her cake!
She thought she could slap a bow on Cameron and take him home with her as her gift, but I nixed that idea! :)
Mom and Dad's 40th Anniversary is March 31st so I gave them their gift from our family.  It is a canvas family tree with all our names on it, the Reaves and WE 4 Iveys!  The bottom says Est. 1972 and there is a heart carved out in the center of the tree that says Robert + Pat.  They loved it!
Without Kari knowing, I ordered her a cake and we celebrated her birthday!  She and Scott were in Canada during her birthday so I told her that I would just 'bring her gifts' down when we came down for Mom's party.  She was so surprised!
Here she is with her necklace and earrings, courtesy of my friend Jennifer Dolcefino!
Hat and scarf from We4!
Here she is holding her cake.  We had so much fun wining and dining our Mom and I had a blast surprising Kari!  I love you both so much!

2 comments:

GiGi said...

Wow! You girls really know how to show this old lady a good time! I haven't had this much fun in a good long while! We will have to do this again and not wait another year to do it!! Love you for all that you did to make my 60th a birthday I'll never forget! XOXOXO

Jamie said...

Too much fun! It's amazing you packed all of that into two days, though. You are such a sweet and loving family. :)

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed