Wednesday, March 26, 2008

I Totally Get That Now...

Remember when your parents told you when you were sick that 'if I could take away the pain away or be sick in your place I would'? I never understood that until Caden began TEETHING! I totally get that statement. Tim and I have been comforting our little one throughout the past few nights and into the night and morning! I stood there last night holding him while he was crying and I told him that! I said, 'Caden, if I could take the pain away I would'! It was like an epiphany! Ah ha! Mom and Dad used to say that and I never understood why anyone would want to be sick or hurt in my place, BUT I GET THAT! There is no sickness I would fear taking on that Caden could give me! I just had to share that. Check back with me when he's a lot older to see if I say the two words I swore I'd never say to my child...'We'll see...' I hated hearing that, because it wasn't quite a NO but it wasn't good enough to warrant a YES. Anyway, just my rambling thoughts...

2 comments:

Jamie said...

No one can teach you these things and you truly can't understand until you have a child. As we've discussed many times...IT'S SO WORTH IT!!!

Jackie said...

I remember when Kat was born... I called my mom and told her "Now I understand everything you ever did or said!". We love our kids. Now if we can just get our kids to love peaches (cute video clip!) love, J

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed