Monday, October 17, 2011

Still Pregnant :|

I was 37 weeks pregnant this past Friday.  On Thursday I went for my now weekly visit with my Dr. and she 'stripped my membranes'.  I'm not going to go into the gory details, don't want any guys reading on here and fainting, so for the not so faint of heart and all the women that care and don't know what that is, click here.  Clearly I am the exception to the rule.  Every friend I have on Face Book has gone into labor THAT night after the stripping or within 48 hrs.  Well, yeah, not me, of course not me, the miserable, ready to meet this baby pregnant lady.  It has been 4 days and nothing.  

My bags are packed for the hospital, we have had our carpets cleaned, house cleaned (thank you so much Pat for coming over and tag-teaming the cleaning with Tim), installed a new door into our media room, tiled our sun room, put trim down around the baseboards of the sun room, I've had my hair done, nails done, pedicure, picked out our large pumpkins, decorated them with Caden.  I HAVE NOTHING LEFT TO DO BUT HAVE THIS BABY.
So after the stripping of the membranes which is a load of crap in my opinion, I read where drinking raspberry LEAF tea, not just fruity, girly raspberry tea, will help induce labor.  Caden and I went to Sprouts and bought the tea that oh by the way has nothing to do with raspberries except that it has a picture of one on the front.  I have never drank urine, but I'm pretty sure I now know what it would taste like if I were on a deserted island and had no source of clean water and that was my only choice.  I put Splenda in it and drank it and was convinced that drinking it must induce VOMITING AND NOT LABOR.  I didn't vomit, but I could have.  Yet, I drank it!  Cups full of it.  I now lovingly refer to it as Sweet Pee.  That's what I drank and do you think that did anything?  Hellz no it didn't.  

Some suggested sex, I hurt too much for that, and others encouraged walking.  I'll be trying that today.

My OB, after doing the membrane stripping on Thursday told me that the timing would be perfect because she was not on call this past weekend and that she predicted I'd likely go into labor on Monday or Tuesday, that being TODAY or tomorrow.  Nothing yet, but I'm not holding my breath.

I was disappointed to learn that while Googling 'HOW TO SAFELY BREAK YOUR WATER AT HOME' that there were no such articles.  REALLY?!?  I bet you can Google how to make Meth and get a recipe worthy of Rachel Ray's attention, but nothing on how to break your own water?  COME ON MAN!

If I seem bitter...I AM.  I'm so ready to meet this little guy and get on with the baby thing and stop hurting and oh yeah, learn what it is like to actually SLEEP AGAIN, that I think I'm going a little crazy.  Tim, don't say a word!

Anyway, that's where I am today.

Check back for more ranting, if LORD IN HEAVEN FORBID I'M PREGNANT AGAIN TOMORROW!

2 comments:

Icnat_Foster said...

Maybe the Lord has your new one still in there for a reason. I would never try to break my own water just because I really would have no clue as to what I am doing and might hurt the baby...See Oct 28 is my daddy's bday..so I am favorable for that day :) but I also know how you feel..you can only be pregnant so long...hang in there when the time is right he will come!

Jamie said...

I sense a little frustration. ;-)

I am happy to see that you haven't lost your sense of humor. I'm not going to say anything to "try to make it better" because we all know that isn't possible. I will say that I can never drink sweet TEA again and not think of you!!

Also, I will now be calling Cameron Sweet PEA! :)

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed