Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Whose Child Is This?

Tim's Mom, a.k.a. Grammie, watched Caden last night while I went to my hair appointment. I came home before he went to bed and as I turned the corner into the kitchen he ran to me, gave me a big hug and a kiss and SMACKED ME ON THE FACE with his hand! I disciplined him and promptly sat him down as Pat was telling me what a model child he had been all night. As I am trying to pay attention to her, my child whose brain has been replaced by that of a wild Indian came flying by the couch, and just bit the arm of the couch and continued running into the kitchen, around through the office and into the living room and slammed into me (I was sitting on the floor) and he bit me on the leg! I am thinking 'WHO ARE YOU AND HOW MUCH DO I NEED TO PAY YOU TO GET MY CHILD BACK?' I just looked at my mother in law who had this totally calm look on her face while she said, 'That's kids...they will do that every time you come to pick them up from Grammie's.' I ask you all, HOW IS THIS? One moment he's having a lovely evening with Grammie and Mommy walks in and the child becomes possessed??? I just sat there with my mouth open watching him RUN NOT WALK throughout the house touching everything he knows he should not be touching and then some! Anyway, it was a sight to behold.
I always swore to myself (in my head) I would never use those phrases our parents used on us growing up. Having said that, over the weekend Caden was climbing up on the ottoman (yes we climb now) and he started to topple off of it believing he was invincible and the following words just poured out of my mouth as if my MOTHER had taken over my body: 'Caden, watch out! You're going to fall and bust your head open!' Has anyone REALLY fallen and busted their head open? I mean really fell off of something soft onto carpet and their head just 'bust' open? I digress, anyway, he just looked at me and if someone had taken a picture I'm sure my face would have been that of horror! I just said what I hated to hear as a child! The next thing you know I'll be telling him to move away from the T.V. or he's going to go blind. Oh the horror!

3 comments:

Jay, Stephanie and Luke Miller said...

Oh my goodness....you are too funny! I think after all is said and done you may need to go on the road as a comedian. I haven't experienced this as of now....but, I am sure I will. Tell your little Indian to be nice to momma!

Jamie said...

I have tears rolling down my face...seriously! I only laugh because I have been there as you know. THIS is the difference between boys and girls. Welcome to the world of wild little Indians! Aren't they great, though?

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh, Amber!! I'm loving it!!! Paybacks are Heck! ha!
What kids don't do this? They really love to show out for mommies and embarrass them. There's lots more phrases yet to come you'll be saying! I think I'll write them all down for you!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed