Thursday, September 25, 2008

More Lunch Time Fun With Amber and Jamie

Jamie and I decided to have lunch together today at Pei Wei. I got there after Jamie did only to learn they were closed for some reason (it was posted on the door but the lack of cars in the parking lot at 12:17 PM gave it away). Jamie suggested our 2nd choice of Subway down the road.

We had lunch and were standing outside on the walkway chatting before we left when this woman walked up to us. We both thought the lady needed to get by so we both in unison took a step back and said, 'Sorry.' To which the lady only stood in front of us and in a rambling partly incoherent voice said,
WHAT AMBER HEARD HER SAY: "Excuse me. Can either of you help me? I am homeless and I need money for a hotel room."
WHAT JAMIE HEARD HER SAY: "Excuse me. Can either of you help me? I am homeless and I need money to feed my children."
Regardless of what she said, Jamie and I in unison once again just stared at her at what seemed like an eternity (perhaps waiting for the other to say something).
We were not sure if she was finished speaking until she looked at us both and sighed. Then we clicked and once again as if we were in an orchestrated play grabbed our purses (like you would if you were to walk through a bad neighborhood in town-not that I do that, come to think of it-but YOU GET THE IDEA!) and at the same time we both mumbled something like, 'Oh, ummm...I don't have any cash...I'm sorry.' So the lady walked off, completely throwing off our train of thought from whatever we were talking about when she walked up!
Just to set this up...she had A LOT of foundation on (the color that even if you were in the dark would not match her neck or any other part of her skin). She came from the direction of a vet clinic and was carrying a blue animal cage with something in it. I think she also had A LOT of clothing on for such a warm day. The ironic part of this whole story (since no one will find humor in it but Jamie and me) is that we both did exactly the same thing at the exact same moment throughout this bizarre exchange between us and this lady. The most awkward part-in my opinion-is the length of time we both paused before answering this lady. It was like we were waiting on the other one to take the lead!
Not only did Jamie and I do the exact same thing with regard to this lady, but we both were wearing leopard print blouses today!
Oh well, never a dull moment in the lunch outings of ours!
Click here for Jamie's version of our lunch today!

Click here for the last funny lunch thing that happened to us!

1 comment:

Jamie said...

We always have an adventure of some sort when we go to lunch. Thanks for being there with me!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed