Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Jamie and ME!

All of this happened within a one hour time frame!

1. So for each other's birthdays we let the other pick where they want to go and treat them to lunch! Since my birthday is tomorrow I chose Pei Wei today. So I asked Jamie prior to us going if she liked Edamame and she said she had never had it but would love to try it. I ordered it for us to split at lunch. Those of you 'seasoned Edamame eaters' know HOW to eat it right? Well...I grabbed the first one, dipped it in the salt and put it in my mouth using my teeth to get the beans out and I discarded the hull on the plate. I remembered seeing Jamie put one in her mouth, but I saw no hull on her plate! She looked at mine and said, 'Oh you're not suppose to eat the whole thing?' I said, 'Umm..no, but that's okay.' (to make her feel better, because she is my best friend!) So we both start laughing at each other.
2. So for #2...Caden has 3 pair of Robeez and I knew Stetson (Jamie's son) wore those when he was little. I asked Jamie a week or so ago if they cut into Stetson's foot on the top like they do Caden's. She said, 'Oh yeah, they did that to Stetson too. Just cut the elastic and sew a piece in the shoe.' Easy enough right? Well, wrong, I tend to make a simple thing complicated. So I cut the elastic and pulled it out of the shoe and cut a small piece of elastic to sew into the shoe through the leather! I realize if you don't have or have not seen Robeez, you would be lost.

Here is a picture of a Robeez shoe UNTOUCHED BY AMBER THE HOMEMAKER. Here is the aftermath of a Robeez after being TOUCHED BY AMBER THE HOMEMAKER.
What is wrong with this picture right? So I tell Jamie about this at lunch asking her how she did it because mine totally looked wrong. She dies laughing at me for the reasons stated above and so it goes...
3. So Jamie and I are affectionately known by our husbands as Bloggerazi, so I mentioned to her that we should bring our cameras to Pei Wei so that we can get someone to take a picture of us. Well, I forgot my camera but she remembered hers. WE forgot to get someone to take a pictures so we get outside and I remembered and Jamie pulled her camera out and we agreed we'd just hold the camera out and she would take a candid shot of us. She holds the camera out and pushes down the button and says, 'Did it take? Let me take another one.' She tries again and then says, 'Well let me take a picture of you to see if it is working...' Then she doubles over laughing and I say, 'You had it on video right?' SHE DID! Now there is a video of us trying to decide if her camera is working! Anyway, you guys may not think any of the above is funny, but we do and that's what best friends are for! To make each other turn 'blond' on a Tuesday at lunch! By the way, thank you for lunch Jamie and for the fun and laughs! Please go to Jamie's blog (Sarratts) located at the right on ours, to see the 'video' of us taking a picture! Hilarious!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ya'll are so funny! It seems like the simplest little things can get you laughing uncontrolably, especially when there's people all around! Thank goodness I'm not the only one who is "camera challenged"! At least Jamie didn't cut your heads off!

Jamie said...

I am still laughing! Today was a blast and I hated to end it and go back to work, but it was probably best. There is no telling what else we (ok...mostly me) would have gotten ourselves into! Btw...did you notice the flip flops on the car in the video?? SO WHISKEY TANGO!!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed