Monday, June 30, 2008

Thoughts...

I was thinking tonight while putting Caden down for the night how it seems like yesterday that he WAS NOT hanging off the side of my legs when I fed him his bottle in the rocking chair! Where did the time go? After I put him down I came to the computer to upload a bunch of photos to be printed and when I turned our daily flip calendar here is what it said.

There was a place in childhood
that I remember well,
And there a voice of sweetest tone,
bright fairy tales did tell,
And gentle word and fond embrace
were given with joy to me
When I was in the happy place
upon my mother's knee.

-Samuel Lover

Wow, totally ironic, right? I can remember having so much fun just rocking on Mom's lap and reading book after book. I am trying to create those same memories with Caden. He loves to have me read to him and he sits so still (crazy right?) until I am totally done with the books.

Okay, now for my next thought. 1 year ago today here is what I was doing...My baby shower that Cheryl gave me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! How time flies!! A year ago, we were all wondering what our little baby was going to look like and when would he be arriving! Keep making those memories, Amber. They will be precious memories for you and for Caden to always think back on. I love you all!

Anonymous said...

It is so hard to believe that it has been a year since your shower. Wow - you are right - time really does fly by. You are a very good Mommy and I know how much Caden does love his books. I love the poem.

Jamie said...

Doesn't it feel like yesterday that you were sitting on your Mom's knee? What's great about these memories is that you didn't set out to create them...they just happened. Those are the good ones.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed