Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Eric Clapton Would Not Be Happy


I get to daycare to pick up my angel of a sweet baby named Caden and I found out that he was not so 'angelic' today. It appears that after I dropped him off, 'Layla's' Mom dropped Layla off and Caden picked up a play phone and smacked her in the face! I know, I couldn't believe it either, our Baby Caden...shocking right? As if that were not bad enough, he chose the perfect opportunity to smack her, RIGHT IN FRONT OF HER MOTHER. I was horrified and hope I don't run into Layla's Mommy. I mean, what do you say? or not say? As any parental figure would do, I scolded him when we got into the car, I did the "NO HIT" speech, as if the child even remembers what he did 5 minutes ago, much less hours prior! We also had the "NEVER HIT A GIRL CADEN!" speech, as he said 'BA!' (translation: ball) and pointed out the window just to distract me. I also did what any respectable parent would do and I told him next time could he please wait until the girl's mother was out of sight?! I mean really...it puts me in a very awkward position. I certainly don't want MY son to be THAT kid. Anyway, I'll keep you posted on my little smacker! His daycare lady said 'He didn't just tap her, I mean he smacked her.' Oh good...I'm glad he made it count! GEEZ...
Oh, and by the way, I have the song Layla song stuck in my head...lovely.

3 comments:

Jay, Stephanie and Luke Miller said...

OK, so after you saw my blog maybe you should use my header.....Caden looks too sweet to have done that! The other child must have jumped into his body and made him do it!

Anonymous said...

I agree! My little Caden wouldn't do something like that!

Jamie said...

Welcome to the world of THAT child! LOL He's still a sweet little angel, he's just expressing himself!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed