Sunday, May 15, 2011

Don't Blink...


As a child when we (my family) would run into my parents' friends that we had not seen in a long time, the standard response from those friends would be 'Oh my goodness, the girls have gotten so big!  Where has the time gone?'.  I would hear this and smile politely thinking, 'Sheesh Grown Ups....'.  

But now as a parent to an almost 4 year old son and one on the way, I fully understand those comments.  You blink and you miss it.  Time stops for no one and we realize that with every passing day.  It seems like yesterday Tim and I were anxiously headed toward Baylor Dallas to have Caden.  Excited beyond measure about becoming parents and savouring every moment once we were home with our 'Baby Caden'.  But that was almost 4 years ago.  4 YEARS AGO!  WHAT?!  Now we are preparing to send him to K4 just one year away from kindergarten!

Caden has grown up before our eyes and we are still in amazement and trying to realize it will only speed up more with a second child.

Thank you God for giving us Caden and this new little one due in November.  We are so excited to see what life holds for Caden and the baby in the future.  My eyes are red and burning as I try 'not' to blink...

1 comment:

GiGi said...

He is the most handsome little guy! His outfit makes him look so grown-up!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed