Friday, May 30, 2008

I'm Home...

Oh my freaking goodness! The Anesthesiologist I had today is not my normal one and he likes to keep the patients 'a bit more awake'. To refresh your memory...they put me under to place the 3 needles in my back and slowly bring me out so I can tell them when I feel the tingling. So Dr. Bierig (my pain Dr.) placed the needles while I was out, no problem there. Then they begin to kill the 1st nerve, no problem, did not feel a thing. Then #2, I came up off the table I was in so much pain, they pushed me back down as I had 3 needles dangling from my back and I instantly was crying...not just tears, the full-on-someone-has-died-ugly-cry. He said, 'We cannot do anything until this one is finished, 50 more seconds, 30 more, then done.' I was heaving I was crying so hard. The pain was the kind of pain I have when my back 'hits' but this lasted over a minute. Then they gave me a bit of a break and then on to the 3rd and final one. Same deal, I bolted up off the table...Anyway, after all that was done and they placed me in recovery, they asked on a scale of 1 to 10 what was I...I said, '8.' I got 1 shot of Morphine in my IV, no let up on the pain, then I got another shot of it, finally eased a little to a 7.5! Then they gave me one more...I am in pain, but it is not unbearable. Let's put it this way, had this happened last time, I either would not have done this one or I would have put more time between the two. I am home and on ice. They said to split one Hydrocodone and take a 1/2 of one rather than 2 at once because of all the Morphine I have in me! Oh well, looking forward to visiting with Mom and with Jamie and Stetson tomorrow.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Oh my heavens, Amber!! I hope the scale is coming down. I wonder this is the side that caused all the trouble??

Jamie said...

Ok...so I have a typo. I wonder IF this is the side that caused all the trouble?? I had to correct it, sorry.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed