Friday, May 23, 2008

Lumbar Rhizotomy

Well I am home and I feel okay. My appt was at 2 and I had to be there at 1. They did not get started on me until about 2:45 because of an 'issue in the O.R.'! Anyway, they put me under while they placed the needles in my back, and slowly brought me out so that I could tell them when I felt that the needle was in place. That was odd! No pain though it was just pressure like someone pushing on me. Then came the fun part...they turned up the radio waves and then my legs started pulsating! Very strange feeling! Anyway, one thing I was not aware of that I am now is that Dr. Bierig did the right side today and I go back next week for the left side. He only does one side at a time in case there is residual pain and swelling. He does not want my pain to be doubled by him doing both at once. Mom came up early this a.m. so she is entertaining Cade Man as I am not suppose to lift him today. I will keep ice on it off and on for as long as I can and then I should have pain tomorrow and then be pretty much good to go! Thank you so much for all the prayers!

2 comments:

Jamie said...

I'm glad to hear it all went well. Take care and let me know how you feel tomorrow, if you can. It sounds like tomorrow might be a rough day. It will all be worth it in the end!

Anonymous said...

I hope this will help your back so you can really enjoy yourself. I hope tomorrow will be a really good day for you.

Love you.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed