Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Jesus and the Plant

This is just a funny story that happened tonight after I got home. Caden is obviously all over the place now, crawling and pulling up on everything taller than him. Tim was on the couch in the media room and I was on the floor in there holding Caden. Caden was sitting up playing with his toys and as he rolled over to get on his tummy (in a nanosecond), his head banged the iron legs on the coffee table. I am here to tell you it sounded like someone smacked the leg with a hammer! It was loud...Of course I expected blood, E.R., stitches, etc...However as fast as I scooped him up, he had stopped crying and was ready to be put back down! I have included a picture for your reference (by the way, he is not crying in the picture from pain, he's wanting to be in the kitchen with me!). It is above his left eye. Okay, so that was done...I left him on the floor while I went into the kitchen to get dinner ready, I hear rumblings, sounds of him doing something but no 'crash' per say...Then I hear a crash and he starts crying. He had pulled up on our cube shelving that had a picture of Jesus that our pastor had drawn and had pulled it down onto the floor...I go rushing in there to see that on the floor as well as the HUGE artificial plant next to the TV laying on the floor beside him. I picked Jesus up and Tim picked up the plant and we went on about our night. It sort of felt like one of those Mondays we all have where we get our purse, drop our keys on the floor, pick up the keys and as we are leaning over our purse flings it self off of our shoulder and stuff spills out...It is true that kids are like mini tornadoes leaving a path of destruction behind them...Anyway, it was funny to me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let the destruction begin!

Sweet darling! Wish I was there to kiss his bo bo...

Jamie said...

Poor baby! It sounds like he had a rough day.

Anonymous said...

What a cute and sweet story. Just one of many "happenings"! :)

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed