Friday, May 16, 2008

My Back

Have any of you ever slept on your stomach in the past 13 years? Or bent back while standing just to stretch your back? Or leaned to the right or left while standing? Yeah...not me, not in the last 13 years. I had Facet Injections http://www.mayfieldclinicspinesurgerycenter.com/PE-FACET.HTM back on April 18th. I was told by my Dr. that it might take the pain away I have been having for a week up to a year, depending on me and my pain. Well it lasted about a week and the 'hits' kept occuring. So today I had some Branch Block Injections http://www.spineuniverse.com/displayarticle.php/article1518.html This is a diagnostic procedure and my Dr. told me that after he released me to go home today, for me to move my back in positions to make it hurt, example: lean back, twist and lean to the right and left to see if it would catch. The branch block injections wear off in about 4 hours. So for the first time in 13 years in my kitchen when I got home I could lean back and to the right and left with no pain! Tim was so happy for me! I told him that I felt incredible and couldn't believe it had been so long since I was able to lean back. I went in the bedroom to lay down because I was so groggy and for the first time since before I got pregnant I did not have to sleep with a pillow between my legs! What does all this mean? It means I am a candidate for the Rhizotomy http://www.spineuniverse.com/displayarticle.php/article200.html which is a procedure where they kill the nerve! I am so happy that I can have this done! Dr. Bierig told me to call him next week so they can set the Rhizotomy up IF I was not hurting after today's procedure. I will be calling him! I cannot tell you how happy I am right now! I just had to share!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amber, I am thrilled for you! Just don't overdo. I hope you do qualify for the next procedure and that it will help you even more. Let me know if there is anything I can do for you!

Anonymous said...

Thank you Lord for answered prayer!! I am so happy for you! You will not know how to act to be painfree will you. Just set the date and I'll be there for the procedure. Love and kisses and a big hug to you!!

Jamie said...

WHOO HOO!! Amber's got her groove back!! And the countdown to the killing of the nerve begins...NOW! I am so super excited for you!!

Kari said...

Wow we just got home and I checked your blog to see how you were and I am so excited for you! If it wasn't 12:30 am I would call you. Thank you God for our answered prayer!! I love you Sis and I am so happy for you!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed